Is that the ultimate mom line or what?
I can't tell you how often I heard it growing up and I can't tell you how often I have said that to my own kids!
And my mom was right!
(Boy is she going to love reading that!!)
The older I get the more I realize what a gift my parents have been in life!
I can see again and again how they tried their best to raise me and my brothers to respect others and ourselves.
How they did everything they could to make us a beneficial presence in this world.
They immigrated to Canada with very little and had 3 sweet little toddlers in tow.
They worked hard, learned a new language, overcame the trials that came from living in a new country and somehow managed to raise me and my brothers.
When they share the details of their lives I am again and again blown away at what they went through and what they all accomplished.
This last month was their 48th anniversary and as I looked at them I just couldn't help but be so grateful for them!
So to honor them I would love to give you the top 10 things they taught me!
The Top 10 Things I Learned From My Parents:
1. Laugh, no matter how hard something is there is always a funny side to everything.
2. It will always get better, even if it has to get worse first.
3. There is no such thing as 'not able to get through it.'
4. Cheer for the underdog.
5. Help people whenever you can, and you always can.
6. Give, even if you don't have much yourself.
7. Treat everyone the same.
8. Focus on things that matter, not the superficial, not the materialistic.
9. Accept people as they are, and remember everyone has a story they are dealing with. Things you know nothing about.
10. Be loyal to the people you love.
So how about you?
Who was the biggest influence in your life growing up?
What did they teach you?
Let's take a moment to be grateful for the wonderful people that raised us and taught us how to be in this world.